C&N Car Services Limited has almost 4 decades of experience helping a range of people. We offer many services, including completing your motorhome MOT and servicing it. Our trained team can fix problems that they may find during any tests. But, we understand that it would be easier if there wasn’t a problem in the first place. There are a few easy tips to help you keep your vehicle in good shape and make sure it passes.
How To Ensure Your Motorhome Passes Its MOT
There are many checks that you can carry out yourself. This makes sure that your vehicle does not fail its MOT for something small or trivial.
– Look at all the lights, make sure they are working correctly and check the headlights dip the right way.
– Top up all your fluids to the right levels.
– Check the quality of your tyres. Tread depth is an important thing to remember to look at.
– Windscreen wipers should not squeak, streak your windows, skip any areas, or have split rubber.
– Do a test drive to look at your the effectiveness of your brakes. When it is safe to do so, brake gently looking for pull to either side. This can suggest an issue with the brakes or suspension.
– You can also look for a suspension problem when going round bends. If your motorhome leans more than usual, this is a sign.
Make sure your MOT passes first time round to save you the hassle of getting it re-tested.
Check out our servicing too. This allows us to take a more in-depth look at your vehicle. Regular services are highly recommended to keep vehicles in good shape. As a general rule, this needs doing once a year or after 10,000 miles. This can reduce the likelihood of a major issue developing, saving you money in the long run.
Get Your MOT Today
Getting your motorhome’s MOT is a legal requirement. While making sure you get it is your responsibility, but you can get a reminder. The GOV website will remind you that your vehicle needs to be tested a month before the date by phone. You can also check the status to see when your current one runs out.
Be sure to book it in advance. If your MOT expires, you can drive to a test centre if you book it in advance. You can also drive it somewhere for repairs if your motorhome fails, but this is not always ideal. Being proactive can save you a lot of hassle, giving you time to get it working so that you won’t be without your vehicle.
Why not get in touch today at by phone or email email@example.com to discuss how we can help you. We strive to help everyone pass their motorhome MOT. That way they can continue to enjoy their vehicle safely.